We collect some of the data about our users and this document explains what data is being collected and what measures we take to protect it. We only collect and use data required to provide a better service and fight counterfeit copies.
What data do we collect
- We do not have access to your backed up data
- We do store a full database of previous orders (but excluding the payment information such as credit card numbers). This is necessary for the product licensing automation and to assist with future purchases.
- We might collect information to identify a specific computer to make sure the product license is not being used on more computers than is allowed by the license. This information is limited to OS version and GUID and to HDD and NIC IDs. We might also need to identify webservice accounts you use in conjunction with our software to make sure the software is being used in accordance with the granted license.
- Some of our software might have a capability to submit operation logs to our webservice to assist you with centralized management. We do not collect this information without your consent.
- If you cancel your account, any collected information may be retained in our archive or backup records.
How do we use the collected data
- We only use it for purposes outlined in this policy.
- We will never sell or otherwise market any of your personal information.
- We will not access any backup logs or usage information you might have chosen to be submitted to our webservice, unless investigating a problem you’ve reported.
- We may occasionally contact you regarding your past orders, to let you know about a newer version of a product you use or to notify you if a problem was detected.
How are we protecting the data
- We take appropriate security measures to eliminate a possibility of unauthorized access to your data.
- We put special emphasis on compartmentalizing data storage. For example, the orders database is entirely isolated from the rest of the applications and only accessible through a strict and precisely defined API. This allows deep integration between various types of data we collect without compromising any privacy or security.
- Our management interfaces generally only provide access to aggregate views of collected data.
- We restrict access to personal information to maluke.com employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Revisions to this policy
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to revise, amend, or modify this policy and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification of this policy will be posted on our websites, and a user’s continued use of the service will signify agreement to such changes.
This document was last modified on March 24, 2010.